Our Whole Lives (OWL) helps participants make informed and responsible decisions about their sexual health and behavior. It equips participants with accurate, age-appropriate information in six subject areas: human development, relationships, personal skills, sexual behavior, sexual health, and society and culture. OWL not only provides facts about anatomy & human development, but also helps participants clarify their values, build interpersonal skills, and understand the spiritual, emotional, and social aspects of sexuality.
Our Whole Lives Levels Offers
- Up-to-date information and honest, age-appropriate answers to all participants’ questions
- Activities to help participants clarify values and improve decision-making skills
- Effective group-building to create a safe and supportive peer group
- Education about sexual abuse, exploitation, and harassment
- Opportunities to critique media messages about gender and sexuality
- Acceptance of diversity
- Encouragement to act for justice
- A well designed, teacher-friendly leaders’ guide
- Parent orientation programs that affirm parents as the primary sexuality educators of their children
- Sexuality and Our Faith, an optional religious component for Unitarian Universalist and United Church of Christ settings.
We currently offer OWL for the following Grades:
1st/2nd Grade (Next Offering: Spring 2016)
5th/6th Grade (Next Offering: Fall 2016)
7th-9th Grade (Currently being Offered, Next Offering: Likely Spring 2017.)
We are exploring offering a program for graduating seniors.
Contact: Tim Atkins, Director of Religious Education, email@example.com